GST Identification Number or GSTIN is known as a unique identification number of every business entity getting registered under Goods & Services Tax. Here in this article, you will get some brief and handy info about GSTIN no format and structure of GST number and the detailed information on it is available over here.
Stay informed on all aspects of the Karen bass corruption case and find out what this means for her future in politics. Gain a comprehensive understanding of the corruption case and its potential implications for her political career!
The state tax department assigns a personal TIN number to all the dealers registered under the state VAT law. Same as this, the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) assign the service tax registration number to a specific service provider.
If we talk about under the GST tax scheme, all the business realities will come following one single taxation authority, and all the various identification numbers will be then replaced by a unique registration number referred to as (GSTIN).
Providing a single GSTIN number is to make sure a smooth administrative process with overall growth in tax collection base and better compliance.
Checking GST Identification Number of Business
As you know, GST implementation raised many queries and doubt within the general trading units over the different nations. So, the government has offered a GSTIN finder tool, that acts as an investigator tool for a layman. It helps to identify whether a business is big or small or big is registered with the GST ambit.
The importance to identify this important piece of information is known in the light of the fact, which a specific local business unit has started taking extreme benefits of this must registration plan.
To know well this activity, you should learn that there is specifically no impact of GST on daily normal items.
Understand GST Identification Number
- Every assessee will be assigned a state-wise PAN-based Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number (GSTIN) that will be 15 digits number.
- Initial, 2 digits of the GSTIN will be describing the state code following the Indian Census 2011. It says that all the states will have a different two-digit code, such as “10” for Bihar, “27” for Maharashtra, and so on.
- The next 10 digits of GSTIN is the taxpayer’s PAN number.
- The 13th digit shows the registrations number of an item has in a state for a similar PAN.
- It will be assigned on the basis of the number of registrations a legitimate thing (having the same PAN) must have within one state or an alpha-numeric number (primary 1-9 and after that A-Z).
- The 14th digit at present will not be useful and hence will be by default “Z”.
- The last digit will be used as a checksum code. It will be utilized for the identification of errors by the means of sum up.
Many traders have started to charge SGST and CGST from consumers, even when they are not coming into the tax bracket for registration, and to further charge. This activity hampers the economy and consumer’s pocket if, remain unnoticed.
To avoid this don’t forget to take a credit note or credit memo from the seller. Basically, it is a source record for the sales return journal or proof of the discount in sales. If you want to learn more about Credit notes you can visit here.