WooCommerce is a powerful, flexible plugin that can be used to turn your standard e-commerce website into a dynamic online store. However, if you wish to minimize shopping cart abandonments while driving maximum conversions and boosting revenues, you should pay attention to the WooCommerce Checkout page.
As you come across the checkout page, you should know how to edit WooCommerce checkout page or customize it according to your e-commerce store. Whether you are launching your first e-commerce store or getting an understanding of the leading e-commerce platform, you can go through the WooCommerce checkout page structure to optimize the overall experience.
An Overview of the WooCommerce Checkout Page
As you set up the first WooCommerce store, the plugin will automatically create as well as assign a dedicated checkout page. If you preview the checkout page on the front end of the site, you will notice that it is relatively simpler.
By default, WooCommerce inquires the customers about some basic information. Some of the important details to look into are:
- Company name
- Billing details
- Contact number
- First & last name
- Order notes
- Email address
It is important to include vital information into the WooCommerce checkout page. It helps in offering necessary details to the customers to complete the purchase while allowing the website to process specific payment information.
Reasons to Edit the WooCommerce Checkout Page
The checkout page of any website is the last thing that a customer will see in the steps to complete a purchase. Therefore, it is capable of either converting the customers or enabling them to abandon the checkout page. Due to this reason, it is imperative for e-commerce business owners to ensure that the WooCommerce checkout page is well-designed while functioning properly towards encouraging maximum conversions.
There are several ways e-commerce business owners can employ to improve the overall customer experience, including:
- Changing the page template and its design
- Creating a single-page checkout
- Changing the input field button text and field labels
- Removing, adding, or rearranging specific fields
- Filling out certain fields
- Changing button text and input field labels
- Automatically supporting free shipping
- Linking products directly to the final checkout page
Whether you wish to edit the WooCommerce checkout page completely or ensure minor modifications, you can implement it easily. Thankfully, there are several options.
Ways to Edit the WooCommerce Checkout Page
Wondering how to edit WooCommerce checkout page? The best practice will ultimately depend on several factors -like the type of edit you wish to implement and the overall comfort level with coding.
Some more methods to edit or customize the WooCommerce checkout page are:
- WooCommerce Blocks, Shortcodes, and Features: WooCommerce is available with some built-in features as well as settings that can be utilized towards improving your store. For instance, you can think of automatically triggering the feature of free shipping and linking products directly to the checkout page. There are also specific shortcodes and blocks for upgrading the page.
- Extensions & plugins: Are you not a tech-freak? Do you wish to simply ensure a hassle-free and simple way to improve the WooCommerce checkout page? You can come across a myriad of plugins that can be used to enhance the existing checkout page. Most of these plugins and extensions are simpler to use.
Some of the plugins and add-ons are made available by WooCommerce. At the same time, some are available through the extension library. Moreover, you can also come across plugins by third-party providers.
- Themes and Page Templates: Do you wish to change the overall style of the checkout page? You can make use of pre-built templates and themes on WooCommerce. Just like plugins, it is a great option if you do not have extensive coding experience and wish to ensure changes to the entire appearance of the WooCommerce page. It can help the page effectively match your branding.
- Customized Code: One effective way to change the checkout page of WooCommerce is by ensuring customized coding. It is a great route if you are comfortable with editing the files of the site while adding ample personalization.
Testing the WooCommerce Checkout Page
Now, you have successfully edited the WooCommerce checkout page. After this, it is imperative for you to improve the experience of the WooCommerce checkout page. You need to ensure that your checkout page is working efficiently towards reducing abandonment and confirming that no mistakes end up interrupting the customer journey.
To ensure the same, you can send over a test order as well as payment through the WooCommerce store. It helps in ensuring that everything is working effectively. To ensure the same, you can think of installing a WooCommerce Payments Plugin to the e-commerce store. It allows you to test the checkout page instantly.
Make the most of the WooCommerce checkout page by editing it according to the expectations of the end users.